The Canaan plantation was incorporated in 1788, the same time as Fairfield and Norridgwock. In 1814, the west side of the Kennebec, running through Canaan became Bloomfield. In 1820 the other part of Canaan, between Norridgewock and Lake George, became Milburn. Milburn was renamed Skowhegan in 1836. Then in 1861, Skowhegan and Bloomfield united under the shared title of Skowhegan.
|Previous slide||Next slide||Back to first slide||View graphic version|