- Serve as confidential assistant to the Transportation Director.
- Develop and transcribe correspondence of various types.
- Analyze, enter, and maintain work orders, parts, and materials for buses. Process bills and purchase orders, prepare financial reports and make recommendations.
- Respond to the telephone in an expedient manner and disseminate information accordingly.
- Assist in design and update of routes and time schedules using applicable software.
- Prepare route schedules to notify parents, schools, drivers and public.
- Respond to student and parent inquiries regarding bus routes and stops, enter data, analyze, and maintain up-to-date database.
- Advise building officials and parents of any changes in routing.
- Schedule and dispatch buses and drivers for district routes and extra curricula trips.
- Accept bus trouble calls and assign relief/substitute drivers.
- Assist in planning and scheduling driver meetings.
- Maintain records in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Transportation Director or Support Services Manager or his/her designee.
1. Associates Degree or equivalent with a minimum three years of school bus transportation operation experience.
2. Advanced typing and computer skills, including Microsoft Office and web based school bus routing and fleet maintenance software.
3. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
4. Basic knowledge of office record keeping (forms, documents, bookkeeping).
5. Ability to supervise and evaluate personnel.
6. Ability to work cooperatively with others, team player.
7. Self-directed, motivated.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Full time - year round.
If interested, please send resume to:
David Leavitt, Support Services Manager, 196 West Front Street, Skowhegan, ME 04976